Saturday, April 7, 2012

this should be a no winking zone!

i wore my boots on wednesday.
skinny-jean levis with a little distressing, my tan cowgirl boots over top, hugging my calves, and a white lacy shirt tucked in with a brown belt. i dressed the part.

now i'm not describing my attire just because-- it is to prove a point.
when i wear boots, i get winked at. 
that's my hypothesis and i'm sticking to it. 

just clicking by in my boots and *wink*
twice. twice this happened! {by gentlemen-- strangers, might i point out!}


so i said to my manager,
"i'd like to file a complaint. 
this should be a no winking zone!"

 she laughed. and subtly proceeded to tell every.one.possible.

as you can imagine, for the rest of the work day {which turned out to be a long one} every one winked at me, in a very obvious and comical fashion.

 double take, and a *wink*.
*wink wink wink* "i don't know why i'm doing this, but i'm suppose to wink at you"
and my favorite... *wink* with a sly smile, snap of the fingers, and shooting gesture.

while i typically find serious/seductive winking creepy, highly unnecessary, and typically uncalled for, all that playful winking from my co-workers made me laugh, and even wink back a few times ;)

No comments: