Wednesday, January 27, 2010

my heavenly father loves me!

I am aSTouNDeD at the blessings in my life. Really. It boggles my mind how very much I have been given. I'm not trying being facetious; I merely want to acknowledge my infinite debt to my dear Heavenly Father for everything in my life.

The other Sunday I was privileged to teach about Our Heavenly Father in Relief Society. Since then I have consistently had the lyrics from one of my favorite primary songs running through my mind and swelling in my heart. In case it's been a while since your primary days, as it has been for me, here are the sweet lyrics and an accompanying video that beautifully brings them to life.


My Heavenly Father Loves Me

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.



It's hard to feel disgruntled when you realize that everything in this world, everything, was created by a loving Heavenly Father for me. For you. For everyone. The world is magnificent and life is beautiful.

My life is especially beautiful because of my people. How grateful I am for everyone. I like to think I have been blessed with the most amazing, supportive, loving family I could ask for, because I have.

My friends are beyond amazing. Holy hannah, I don't know what I would do without them. They make Provo bearable and these crazy 20's even crazier and memorable.
  • My Chelsea-- she listens to all my tangents and reassures me I'm a good person. She is my soulmate, my "twisted sister", my bestie.
  • My lovely roommates-- how I love coming home to them! So supportive and highly highly entertaining.
  • My girls-- too many to name but I love each of them dearly-- I live for Girl's Night: Grey's, Glee, cherry Brownies, pumpkin magic, chick flicks, mojitos, chatting chatting chatting, Facebook stalking, card games, etc.
  • My BEF-- "best eternal friend"-- Spencer. My longest friend of 17 years. Although he's like my torturing older brother and constantly teases me... he is one great friend who I would not trade for the world.
  • My best friend around the world, Hunter... Only he can begin to comprehend my deep gratitude and the far reaching effects of his friendship in all aspects of my life.
  • Those select families who have enriched my life and morphed into my second family... I am who I am today because of you-- your loving influence and hospitality mean so very much to me.

I love eVeRYoNe in my life! My heart almost doesn't seem big enough to hold my love for everyone, but somehow it has grown to accommodate and still has room! It makes me positively jubilant.

What a bless-ed life I have been given. I humbly acknowledge the little role I play in the Lord's majestic creations. Far from preaching I merely want to share a quote I came across:
Heavenly Father’s top priority is his children. If it’s important to you, it’s important to Him. Whatever concern you have is His concern. Whatever you have a question about the Lord knows the answer. Whatever sadness you are feeling, He knows how you feel and will ease the pain. He knows what it’s like to feel all alone. He will comfort you. -Sharon F. Larson-
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

2 comments:

Chelsea Brynn said...

i love you. thanks for putting me first on your list!

sarah said...

beck beck.
i love YOU.