Saturday, August 28, 2010

time to share the thread

i wrote this the summer after high school. it's been stowed securely away on my computer since. i thought it was time to share. i originally intended it to be lyrics to a song i was composing, but i never could get the melody in my head to match the keys of the piano.  


“Stitches”

How did we end up here?
How could we have known?
You were my one and my only…
but I was just another girl

Did I fall too fast?
Was I just a fool?
Did you ever even care?
Please lie that you still do.

So where does the blame lie
And whose fault is it
That we fell apart and
my heart is broken?
I’ve sewed myself up,
But you’re tugging at my stitches
I’m coming undone when you
kiss her lips.

It started so fast,
and ended so slow.
I still wish you were here
But I need you to go

But where does the blame lie
And whose fault is it
That you lied and escaped
While I’m left behind?
I can’t sew myself up,
My heart’s too broken to mend
I’m coming undone.
I’m coming undone. 
I’m coming undone. 
Please don’t kiss her lips.

No comments: