Monday, August 9, 2010

moving on

i am moving.
apart from lugging around boxes and realizing how much i have accumulated and must move alone, i find my long-lost earring underneath my bed. that is exciting. but it doesn't quite rival the excitement of moving on
 only, this time i'm a little sad to leave it behind-- summer, the dear friends i have made, the apartment i have loved like no other apartment, the space. . . my space, where i have done so much growing in the measly summer months. 

when i crossed the threshold {back in april} with armfuls of socks and books and pictures, i was looking for hope-- hope that i could be happy and forget the unforgiving months of drudgery and self-doubt. that i could find myself again in a sterile environment, engineered for growing beyond my own self-imposed limits.

i've done just that. looking back at the person who moved into this apartment is vastly different from the girl who will be leaving.

i feel satisfied with my friendships, past and present. even the ones which were halted, and especially the ones which have blossomed.

it has been a good summer. i still have a few more weeks to squeeze in some memories; i intend to be as spontaneous and impulsive as possible... within reason, of course.

1 comment:

Nigel said...

meh... reason is overrated. Let's go crazy before school starts please!!

And I agree with you--I think you have made giant strides this summer. I'm so proud of you :)