Friday, July 8, 2011

go shawty, it's your birthday

i had the loveliest of birthdays. 


it began with a birthday breakfast, at magelby's, with some family and friends.
unlimited french toast with fresh strawberries, syrup, and cream. bring it.
 {my sister and i}
 {momma and chelsea}
 {ali and i}
 {my cute niece}

 {the cuddliest bay-bay and i}


following our scrumptious early morning feast, the three musketeers {my momma, bestie, and myself} hit up old navy to find some stellar clothes--including the world's cutest blue floral dress {with ruffles!} and a cute shirt for a certain homecoming in 2 weeks. the celebration continued at the mall with manicures for chelsea and i and a pedicure for the momma. crackle nail polish is pretty rad.

after farewells i ventured to meet a friend to attempt disc golfing. i sucked it up, big time, especially since he has been in tournaments for that sort of thing. but we had a blast,  regardless of my floppy throws and the scorching sun. he said i have promise, so who knows-- i may be the next big thing in disc golfing ;)

my bestie and i then saw transformers 3-- which is aaaawesome! a thousand times better than the 2nd one. perhaps i should marry optimus? clearly him and ronald are my two leading men at the moment.

immediately following transformers a few friends met at texas roadhouse, and blast my birthday brain, i forgot to take pictures! but it was delicious, i rode the saddle, and two waitresses asked where my boots were from (thank you ebay and kenny rodgers) which made me feel like a cool cowgirl. plus free ice cream! score. oh, and did i mention the rolls? because they were divine, as was my steak.

my wonderful, beautiful, and talented roommate ali made me these, magically waiting back at our apartment:
they were perfect in every sense of the word.
i made a wish...not for a pet dragon, as my nephew did on saturday, but for something which i think could be even better {although there is arguably nothing greater than a pet dragon to my 5 year old nephew}.

so far, 22 is rockin my socks. 

my wish is already beginning to come true, thanks to the remarkable people who fill my life. 
i think this shall be a splendid year! 

No comments: