Sunday, July 8, 2012

the details

"but when you are attracted to people, it's because of the details.  their kindness. their eyes. their smile.  the fact that they can get you to laugh when you need it most"

mr. k jokes that if he ever needs to know what i'm thinking, he'll just read my blog. 
touché.


aaaaand probably true.


however, with time i'm getting better at this 'opening up' business. who'd a thunk this girl could share her secrets again?


the truth is, i never thought this heart of mine would mend. at least not completely. 

i felt a constant void within my chest for months, as if my heart itself were missing. the raw cracks festered into gaping wounds; the colossal crater of heartbreak seemed permanent. i was devastated, angry, and helplessly lost and lonely. clearly, not a good place to be in. 


with bandages over my heart and a solid 6 months behind me, i felt freedom on my own. independence. my perspective shifted. with time it dawned on me that hunter was right about something-- he wouldn't be able to make me happy. at least not in the long run. 



mr. k doesn't make me happy. he let's me feel whatever i want. 
98% of the time with him it's happiness. 


dating mr. k is not at all what i expected.  it is fun and exciting but most of all liberating. he doesn't mind my hyperventilating freak-outs about dating-- we usually laugh together after the fact. he lets me do my thing without imposing an agenda of how the relationship should be mandated. he wipes away my tears and holds my face until i open up.  

i feel that when you date someone your insecurities flare up. 
but mr. k listens and tames the fires i spark. 
oh he is a patient, patient man to put up with this girl. 

it's all in the details.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"mr. k doesn't make me happy. he let's me feel whatever i want."

i love that.