Wednesday, July 11, 2012

i want a man...

"i want a man who is spiritual but who can also make 'that's what she said' jokes"
- ali

that statement says so much.

i concur. i could never be at ease around your run-of-the-mill mormon boy-- the kind who abhor diet coke and avert their eyes while walking past victoria's secret. then again, i could never be content with a moral-less drunk spouting off political idioms.

it's a fine line. 


when i am interested in a boy, i automatically ask myself, is he (a)________? 


1. funny.
if he can't make me laugh, he's clearly not funny. i'm potentially the most easily entertained person.


2. spiritual and deep.
doesn't mind talking for hours, about everything and anything. has a strong and true testimony. 


3. gentleman.
not just if he opens my door {which is always a plus}. i look for his attitude toward woman in general, if he believes i'm an equal, and if he respects his momma. also, is he willing to "court" me? ya know, the cute stuff of older generations.

4. kind as pie.
not only to me but to strangers. the waitress. his family. my family.

5. honest.
in my opinion this is highly underestimated in relationships. if you can't be honest with someone, how can you love them? and if they are not honest with you-- in words or actions-- their affection is a cheap facade.


i believe you need spirituality and honesty to stabilize the foundation of friendship. the spontaneity and 'that's what she said' jokes help liven things up and keep you on your toes. 
mr. k keeps me on my toes every day. 

No comments: