Friday, July 13, 2012

free

my favorite movie is meet joe black. yesterday as i sat in guru's with mr. k this scene flashed through my mind:



joe: i find myself a little confused.

quince: confused, huh?

joe: yes.
quince: about what?

joe: love.

quince:love. oh, man. i got problems of my own.

joe: you love allison, don't you?

quince: yes, I do.

.....

joe: but allison loves you. how do you know? 

quince: because she knows the worst thing about me, and it's okay.

joe: what is it?


quince: no, it's not one thing. it's just an idea, joe. it's like you know each other's secrets,your deepest, darkest secrets.


joe: deepest, darkest secrets?

quince: yeah, and then you... you're free.


joe: free?

quince: you're free! you're free to... love each other completely, totally. just no fear.

joe: so there's nothing you don't know about each other, and it's okay. hmmm.


i feel free. he knows all my secrets and it's okay. 


No comments: