Sunday, July 8, 2012

scarlett

i met the parents, along with mr. k's entire family on the 4th.

we walked in and i named every family member {thanks to mr. k's quizzing and a family picture beforehand}. his grandma shirley was just so impressed i knew who she was. after exclaiming i was "just gorgeous!" she asked what my full name was. she shook her head, making her red hair dance and with a glint in her eyes said, "you need something more dramatic. i'm renaming you-- scarlett!"

i guess "becky" isn't bold enough. the rest of the evening she addressed me as "scarlett". sounds more like a stripper name to me, but i'll take it. 


over burgers, my famous salsa, and games i got to know his four brothers, sister-in-laws, parents, grandmas, and the kids. whew! they were a hoot and a half. it was nice to be surrounded by chaos again since my own lovely chaos {siblings} just moved to lands far, far away. 


driving home, fireworks littered the sky. we pulled off the freeway, found a nice hill, grabbed my trusty alta hawks blanket, and simultaneously beheld 6 firework shows in the valley. it was magical and patriotic all at once. 

*that's me --aka scarlett--  wearing a table decoration at work. 
i'm patriotic, what can i say

No comments: