Saturday, January 22, 2011

benton dear

i have fallen in love.

irrevocable swooning and mesmerizement for a man. or rather, his music.

one thing i love about musicians and fictional characters {not that they're one in the same... although at times they seem to be} is i can imagine them according to the dictates of my own interpretation.
an artist communicates their character through music and i, being removed from their person, interpret lyrics according to the language flowing in my heart. 
smitty tibbs {only alien on the planet} and peeta melark {hunger games} have weaved their way into my visionary future mr., and janie crawford {their eyes were watching god} in an extension of myself.

last night i found a picturesque man 
of perfect words and pitch, 
who filled up my single heart with pure bliss.

his name is benton. adorable? yes.
my poor future children... i have fallen in love with such strange names.
remember rupert?... hold the phone... HOW darling would "benton rupert" be?!

anywho-- if you'd like to swoon with me, you can find benton paul here or here, or here.
or below.
just look at how cute he is!

 ... it's unfortunate he's taken, but the lovely songs about his wife make it almost okay he can't be my lover.
did i mention he was incredible live, gave a killer encore, aaaaand is so very nice in person? serious musical gem. 

also, another band's {allred} bass guitarist is my friend trent from long ago! he came over to say hi, and i felt cool.
 

it was a grand evening.
i must go to more concerts! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Mitch and I danced to a Benton Paul song for our first dance at our wedding!!!