Tuesday, January 18, 2011

holding back my fists

"if someone breaks your heart, just punch them in the face.
oh sure, it seems obvious now, but you’d be amazed at how many people don’t think of it when it’s relevant.
seriously, punch them in the face and go get some ice cream."
--chuck klosterman

how grrreat is this?
i am a little bit in love with this thought. my hand might be a little broken by the end of the tirade of face-punches but hey, perhaps i'll break a boy's nose and shatter his ego?

okay. as i was told yesterday, i punch like i'm giving a high-five. maybe i'll have to hold back on punching every boy in the face who breaks my heart.  

for now, i'm trying my best to forgive. forgive for things boys don't even know they've done wrong {according to my expectations of normal behavior}. and forgive after i apologize, and they don't return the sentiment.

i'm taking chuck's advice, somewhat, by eating cherry brownies {instead of ice cream} and holding back my fists back to forgive.

No comments: