Thursday, January 13, 2011

the cross-over

isn't it strange when a person from one sphere of life transitions into a previously restricted domain? 

i have succinct spheres of living: home depot, my apartment, byu campus, and my hometown. i spend 99.9% of my time in these locations, and tend not to allow "cross-overs"
well, a cross-over did occur. 
work and the apartment collided. 

when i see this co-worker of mine at work, it's almost like it never happened. because it is so much simpler to confine him to the home depot sphere. but it did. and suddenly he is no longer restricted from other domains of my life.
our dynamic at work has somehow changed, since the crossover. he's not just my co-worker-- he's my friend who i made bracelets with that one time, who bought me pizza and made me laugh.

very strange, i tell you.

it's similar to that feeling once you've kissed someone-- 
it can never go back to how it was prior to the kiss.
{not that i have kissed this person, just as an illustration}.
life is full of cross-overs, i suppose.
otherwise how would we ever establish anything of substance?

No comments: