Monday, April 18, 2011

a refund on adulthood

how wonderful are my parents?

only the best.

not only are they kind and lovely and shower me with hugs and easter candy, but my momma made delicious sloppy joes, blueberry salad, aaaaand lemon cake for sunday dinner. and since i have been coughing up my lungs as of late and had a 7 a.m. final this morning, the parentals brought it to me.  

best parents award right thurrrr.

and to top it off, my papa helped me with taxes. because despite my best efforts to be all independent and almost-college-graduate-esque, all those blank lines and fine printing with *see instructions* boggled my brain and consumed my optimism at leading a productive and healthy adult life.

so i'm not great at taxes. big deal. i'll marry an accountant. or if i want an exciting husband i'll just defer all future taxes to one of my smart accountant friends 
{kidding!... about the husband. i may still need help from my number-smart friends who don't agonize over subtracting line 16 from 9 and multiplying by 1.3%, and then calculating your net income by dividing line 673 by the amount you have paid to orphaned children- yikesapea}.

being able to do taxes doesn't mean you're grown-up, does it?
because if that is the case, my adulthood is seriously doomed. 

1 comment:

Sar said...

Haaaaahaha, I literally laughed out loud reading your parenthetical thoughts about your husband/smart accountant friends. Glorious! Love your blog.