Tuesday, May 10, 2011

to build a home


there are places and songs which will always hold a memory for me. softly they lap into consciousness and then stay with me, like an old companion longing to rest their feet. i have to make the choice whether i will let the sadness in, to stay for an evening of nostalgia, or shut the door of my mind and busy myself with the grocery list.

sometimes you cannot say goodbye to those places or erase the memories because they are ingrained in you. they are you. and despite your best efforts at re-routing your life and ipod, you'll hear that melody again and  take that crossroad to reach the bank. 

funny what little things usher in a pinprick or deep abyss of missing.

and yet, while driving today, i realized--  i have spackled up all the voids i had within me, with time and love, and a heap of mistakes and growing.

i bravely drive down that road of memories with the windows down.  

No comments: