Saturday, August 6, 2011

with her nose stuck in a book

bookstores are magical. the air inside is alight with possibilities and a thousand unread stories. bookstores embody the scent of fresh paper, wonder, imagination, and muffins. time seems to stop as you peruse comical and witty and telling titles, up and down the aisles. aisles holding a story that will become a part of your essence should you pick up that memoir or novel.

today i bought the {new and revised} kaplan gre prep book and vocabulary flashcards. hardly romantic or endearing, but a necessary evil amid fun and fanciful tales on either side.

i additionally bought a memoir-- the new york regional mormon singles halloween dance. because with a title like that, and a fascinating synopsis, all in the bargain section, how could i refuse such temptation?

above my desk i have a row of books needing my attention-- begging to be picked up, sadly pleading for the spines to be broken to reveal the mystery inside... oh, how i love to read! it is just the time i lack.

here is the book docket:
my life in france-- julia child {halfway through and loving her enthusiasm}
sarah's key-- tatiana de rosnay {my momma recommended it}
the elegance of the hedgehog-- muriel barbery {ali gave it to me for my birthday-- in addition to my life in france and a thai cookbook- and i've been dying to read it!}
say you're one of them-- uwem akpan
and of course, my new purchase the new york regional mormon singles halloween dance.

all of these books will unfortunately need to be spaced out between studying my little heart out for the gre. but since it is the weekend, i think i can indulge in a fun read.

No comments: