Thursday, December 15, 2011

different oceans

the re-occurring comment of "there are other fish in the sea" is the most unhelpful phrase in the world.

because i love one fish. and he loves me.
        or rather, he still does but it is slowly sinking into the deep abyss of yesterday. 

whichever the case, we are swimming in different oceans. our lives will not intersect again and i am surrounded and suffocated by schools of grey minnows. nothing alters the current of my life, no flash of color catches my eye. i am floating in a sea full of face-less minnows and all i can imagine, all i want to swim toward, is my fish. the fish i chose. the fish who broke my heart and left me in this ocean to flounder alone.

it is too soon.

i was asked out yesterday. twice, in fact.
and it was flattering and sweet but...

it is far too soon.

No comments: