Sunday, June 24, 2012

a keeper

here's the skinny on mystery man:


we went out two years ago. uno date.
it was a good first date but i was still in love with missionary man and he wanted to spoon me.
it's true.

after that he was my buddy. we talked about our relationships as we cycled through people with an undercurrent of flirtatiousness. i never thought i would date him, but slowly the friendship evolved. he asked me out again.


i said no.
{poor guy} 
i wasn't ready.


so he bid his time and played his cards well, waiting out the months and always being sweet.
one day he shot me this text:


"i know we've tried this before but i'd still like to take you out"

i replied "ok"

on a friday he kidnapped me to stewart falls. i timidly put my hand in his on the hike up and we talked and talked and talked. he seduced me with cafe rio after, then we cuddled at my apartment while watching a movie. towards the end i turned towards him and our lips met. 






he's such a goof ball





wow.  
suffice it to say, the 5 month kissing drought ended with a bang. 

i've seen him every day since. 
often multiple times a day.

dating still scares the crap out of me but he listens to my worries, and when i won't talk he carries me like a sack of potatoes and sets me on the trunk of my car until i do. he is hands down the sweetest boy i have ever dated.

i didn't know dating could be this fun, or that someone could make me feel this special.
and i certainly didn't think i could care about someone this way again.

i like it because it's easy. no stress or frustration. just simple.
and completely unexpected. 



i would be remiss if i did not share just a few of the sweet things he's done:

he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to me at work.

he bought me double-stuff oreos one day. and kneaders. just because. 



he showers me with sincere compliments, until i blush.
he buys me slurpees.

he asks me on dates and opens my door.












and here's the real kicker-- not only did he get the oil changed in my car but he surprised me by washing it aaaaand vacuuming out the disaster inside. i almost cried when i saw it.

he seems like a keeper to me. 

2 comments:

whitney harris said...

so cute becky! i'm so happy for you!!! he sounds like a keeper!

sarah said...

um, first of all, he has giant muscles & looks like a real man.

& also, i knew todd loved me for sure when he picked up my car from work so he could fix the door, and when he brought it back, i saw he had detailed the entire inside. ...the inside that hadn't been cleaned in six years. (i wish that was an exaggeration.)

anyway. i'm serious about this, men aren't gonna clean your car unless they have some seriously strong feelings for you.

i am relatively certain that is a scientific fact.

this is exciting!!! wanna double?