Friday, November 2, 2012

all things halloween

about 5 people in the world saw my apartment in the month of october: my mom, mr. k, and three friends. we could round up to a dozen if you count trick-or-treaters. i have a slim collection of halloween decorations since i'm a young thang but i wanted to display them on my blog so they could be enjoyed by someone other than our fish ryan gosling. he's too preoccupied with his eiffle tower to notice the glitter and candy brewing. 

you can't go wrong with glitter!
 "wicked". it's simply darling.

 outside our door

beyond the halloween decorations there were events leading up to all hallow's eve. on sunday we had dinner at my parents-- just my cousin, roommate, and i. we ate indian curry on these frightening placemats and then made gingerbread cake-balls. yum.

i also went to my FIRST ever haunted house. let me tell you, i almost died cried. *keep in mind this is coming from the girl who gets scared in "the mummy" and "i am legend". in my opinion "nightmare on thirteenth" was absolutely terrifying. i tried to play the brave card but two seconds in i was screaming like a baby. tiptoeing through the scarefest the order went like this 1. mr. k in front telling the wherewolves/clowns/zombies to get the girls 2. me clinging onto his arm with a death grip while hiding behind his shoulder whimpering 3.  lauren wrapped around my stomach/doubled over/army crawling/fetal position while holding onto 4. brandon, who brought up the rear and acted like we weren't in a horror movie.  

the first nightmare is the "netherbeast" realm-- furry scary things with jaws of death snarl and yap at your ankles. the second is the "haunted circus". i've never liked clowns but after one said he wanted to "use my lungs as balloons", i lost it. finally there was the "zombie apocalypse" where i felt like i was in the t.v. show "walking dead". i think that surmises my horror adequately.  when we finally emerged 40 minutes later i was sweating and shaking but happy i made it through. 


 



now for the festivities of halloween day!
halloween is one of the funnest holidays at home depot. audra won the cook-off with her white-bean chili and several co-workers dressed up-- from witches to knights to sarah palin.

 i dressed as a cavewoman for the holiday.


 this is my co-worker's cute baby boy {who i not-so-secretly want to steal}



 mr. k didn't work on halloween but came to visit me!
 my cavewoman eye makeup was kinda crazy, but that's what halloween is for!


now, before i unveil the great green monster
 know that it takes two showers and a strong luffa to get all the green off. 
but was it worth it? you betcha!


i present: the incredible HULK!
all night long mr. k said "HULK SMASH!" in a very convincing manner. 



 his brother and lady friend as peter pan and captain crunch

it was a good halloween. i'm already excited for next year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Holy Hot. Becky. Hot.

Your costumes are amazing. And excuse me, Kortney? Muscles much?