Monday, November 26, 2012

a slice of november living

taco soup! super easy recipe, too. 
if you want it, holla. or ya know, just ask.

story time: on november the 8th, kortney and i hit our 5 month mark. we went shopping to return some jeans of his, and per my begging stopped by old navy. they were having the "outerwear clearance" sale of 50% off... jackets, vests, scarves. it was like i was in the bermuda triangle of temptation. the first thing i saw when i walked through those beckoning doors was a magnificent yellow coat. mr. k pointed out the gray {grey? i never know...} below and i gasped because what to my wondering eyes would appear but the most perfect gray coat, and for the beautiful reduced price of $28 {originally $54}. i tried it on three times.
i did la maz breathing techniques and told myself, as i forlornly put it back on the hanger, "i don't need this. i don't need this". {self-control award of the year my friends}. i gave it one last longing look and consoled myself that maybe next year i would donate some of my jackets/coats and then i could justify buying a similarly splendid gray coat.

well folks. mr. k is surprisingly perceptive and took note of my puppy-dog eyes upon leaving that coat behind. the very next day he secretly bought it for me for christmas. however, mr. k cannot keep a secret to save his life. the next evening as he picked me up he exclaimed, "one of your christmas presents is in my truck. do you want it? can i give it to you now??"

firmly i said 'no' but he protested, saying it was only one early christmas present and i would get more 'use' out of it now {there was a giant snowstorm that weekend}. my curiosity was peaked and i obliged. needless to say i was giddy with excitement to hold that coat in my arms.

that following weekend mr. k and i went out to dinner at the olive garden and saw 007 Skyfall to celebrate our arrival at 5 months. neither of us have been long-term commitment folk in the past, meaning this was kind of a big deal for us.
hot cocoa and a cupcake from the cocoa bean cafe in the freeeeeezing cold!
kortney didn't mind me smooching on daniel craig before the show.



other than that, i have been cheering on mr. k and his south gate basketball team on monday nights.
my papa invited me to a seminar, which actually ended up being awesome. plus they had theeee best peanut-butter blossom cookies i've ever tasted. clearly i was a happy camper.

mr. k and i went on a lunch date to sammy's. it was his first time! i highly, highly recommend the south of the border burger and/or the pumpkin cheesecake shake.


last saturday i carved out some time and went to the temple. it was marvelous. sweet and peaceful. 
i snapped this shot just as i was leaving. 

No comments: