Saturday, December 8, 2012

6 months

half of a year has come and gone with mr. k. 
i can hardly believe it. 

sometimes it still baffles me that we're dating. i am in a committed relationship-- who would've thunk it?

want to see how he asked me out the first time? below is an excerpt of my recollection (august 20, 2010):
*blog post found here

i called him "ladder boy" back then... 

ladder boy.
i fell from a ladder and he caught me.
 
kidding!
but close...
i was, in fact, on a big orange ladder when ladder boy and another co-worker walked past, whispering and laughing.  i descended down the steps and caught their stunned silence at my presence.
"what were you guys talking about?" i asked with raised eyebrows.

"nothing!"   ladder boy chimed as our fellow co-worker laughed, calling to ladder boy as he walked away,  
"you're on your own man!"

by this point my curiosity was definitely peaked. 

i kept pestering him. finally he said,
"well, we were thinking that if he shook the ladder and i caught you you'd have to go out with me"

brilliant smooth man. 
i laughed and played along.
then he said,
"if i promise not to be creepy {in reference to tobacco boy}, would you go out with me?"
i was taken aback.
"seriously?"
"seriously"
. . . . . . 
"okay!"
"great!"
and that was that. we're going out tomorrow. it will definitely be an adventurous date. he's keeping me in suspense of the activity. 

from the first-date to the second first-date to now... oh what an adventure it has been!

No comments: