Monday, December 17, 2012

merry & bright

an idea popped into my head that was impossible to dismiss because it was brilliant and oh so lovely...
a christmas party! 

i was in the festive spirit early this year. my decorations are a culmination of target (chargers, "joy", noel, glitter ornaments, banner), home depot (lights, silver cone trees, evergreen trimmings {fresh and free}), hobby lobby (silver, gold, and red trimmings), a magical free little christmas tree from my friend mark, and pinterest printables (chalkboard look-- i uploaded them to costco). 

the evening was immensely enjoyable and the food was divine-- from ali's amazing caramel apple cider to emme's peppermint cupcakes of happiness. but the company was my favorite-- some of my favorite people filled our tiny condo and it was bliss.  






this pillsbury cookie dough makes delicious cookies-- you wouldn't even know they were store bought! plus since i cut/rolled out the dough i feel like i can say i made them ;)

the centerpiece
the napkins that inspired it all







 my momma helped me clean and bake cookies before the party.









 friends for 5 + years! i can hardly believe it.

last saturday {december 8th} was mr. k and my 6 month anniversary-- 6 months!  i was brain-dead and planned the christmas party on our anniversary-- facepalm. i felt horrendous. between sniffles i cried "but men are suppose to be the ones to forget anniversaries!" he just laughed and told me he tries to be romantic, but somehow or another i screw things up. 
true story.
in order to escape the self-brand of "bad girlfriend" i took him cookies & milk at work, and bought him batman to make up for my mistake and say, "hey. i'm glad we've spent half-a-year together".  he surprised me with flowers at my party and a sweet little poem he wrote.   
it began, 
"now sit right down and listen to me
i'll tell you of a foxy lady named becky
...................
i would say this six months has been great,
i still look back and say becky is one awesome date.
so today becky to you i give all my love
and hope our happiness is always as bright as the stars above"

i giggled, almost cried (helllllo, weepy willow gene), and held onto his hand all night. 

all in all, it was a fantastic day.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Becky! This looks so cute and makes me miss all of you girls! Also, I'm glad K. has, thus far, been so good to you. You've always deserved the best.