Saturday, October 9, 2010

boots

i wore my boots yesterday.
and today.

because two days before yesterday, i encountered a man on campus wearing wranglers and boots. and if there's anything you should know about huntman, it's that he wears these-- all the day long (except now, since he wears suits and missionary tags).

so, i was inspired to wear my own pair of leather cowgirl boots. to honor huntman. and (if we're being honest, here) to elongate the legs and give me some cowgirl-sophistication.

two year ago...{exactly}
i was dreaming of cowboy boots-- more accurately, of the man in said cowboy boots.
and wouldn't you know it, that cowboy fell in love with me, beyond all the logic and reasoning i could muster of why. and i fell in love with him for a thousand reasons beyond his cowboy boots and wranglers.

for a long time after he left, all i noticed were wyoming license plates, wranglers, and red ford ranger trucks.

these faded into the background but this weekend, it's all i can seem to notice.

since i was on a huntman-reminder kick, i let my "cowboy take me away" playlist twang in my car, for the first time in a long time.
turns out, that wasn't such a great idea.

i don't think i'll listen to country music anymore.

but i'll still wear my boots on occasion.
and hold out for a few more months, and try and wrap my brain around the actual practice of dating other non-cowboy men.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Ryan is a country boy too. Somethin about that country twang does me in as well. Curse it! [for only 9 months more!]