Thursday, June 23, 2011

paper clip

oh, how i wish i had thailand pictures to share with you! but alas, my brother has the photos on his computer and it may take some time before i have ownership of them (as he is starting residency this week) so patience. it's a virtue or something. 

when i walked into work this morning, illuminated by the stars and the creeping dawn behind the mountains, my feet hit the pavement rhythmically-- with my left i thought "twenty" and with my right i exclaimed "nine". twenty-nine days. that is what separates me from huntman. 

the countdown is on like donkey kong. 

i gave the huntman a lot of thought during my time on the other side of the world. and wouldn't ya know it, they showed "the adjustment bureau" on the flight from bangkok to tokyo-- matt damon is my main man because he reminds me freakishly of huntman. that sealed the deal of all i had reminisced upon and tried to predict. 

i once had a sunday school teacher who was the cool dad in the ward {this tangent relates, just bear with me}. his lessons were supremely and consistently awesome. the little life lessons he squeezed between nephi and moses have stuck with me, one being: if you feel nervous just tell yourself you are excited. and if all else fails, have a paper clip handy to put nervousness into so all that remains is excitement. 

that being said, i am beyond excited for huntman to come home. i still have not mastered the nervousness, yet, but every morning as the realization looms that he is really coming home (in 29 days! hallelujah) a little block of icy fear melts into a warm and hopeful happiness. 
but...a paper clip might still be a good idea for when i finally finally see his handsome face :)  

when i think of that moment, my stomach flutters and my heart catches in my chest. 
the thing i am most *excited* for is that i have no idea what to expect. if i had a dollar for every time i thought of it, i could buy a deserted island where i would contemplate it some more. 

all i know is the song below (one republic "all this time") makes me immeasurably happy and calms my nerves. it is exactly how i feel, and how i hope and pray and cross-my-fingers that huntman feels.

*i found one with ron and hermione, in honor of the upcoming HP7 pt. 2. don't mind the weird voice-over. watch it because ron is adorable.  oh and who is re-reading and loving HP7? yes. this girl is a nerd. 

No comments: