Thursday, June 9, 2011

sawaidee ka!

sawaidee ka (hello) from thailand!

oh what an adventure it has been. 

monkeys, elephants, tigers, and pandas (oh my!). night bazaars. the spiciest food imaginable (so much so the outside of my lips burned). an assault of a million smells. bungy jumping. an unreal night life. bundles of wires on every street. sky trains. thai massages ($4-6 / hour). wats (temples) of exquisite gold and gems. dragon fruit and mangosteins. traffic that would blow any americans' mind. tuk-tuks. bartering. street food-- seseme balls, rodi, satay, and fried banana on a stick. silk. tropical rain forests and torrential rainstorms.

i'll fill in the gaps when i return.

right now, i'm off to the beach.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I read this while sitting in horrid molecular biology. Jealous! It sounds like you are having an amazing time! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your adventures!

Dan Colton said...

It sounds like you guys are having a blast! I'm excited to hear all about it and see some pictures. Have a safe trip and I'll see you in a few weeks.