Monday, November 7, 2011

ingrid

i feel numb, mostly.

when i do have feeling it's in the form of ingrid lyrics.

i still feel utterly perplexed and overwhelmed. but each day i get a little bit stronger.

So life moves slowly when you're waiting for it to boil
Feel like I watch from 6 feet under the soil
Still want to hold you and kiss behind your ears
But i re count the countless tears that i lost for you



you can't be the one to kill the pain anymore.
you let me in but then you slam my fingers in the door.


i've had enough but i keep asking you to give me more.
when i say that there's no way.

I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today
I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today

.....
Open me up and you will see
I'm a gallery of broken hearts
I'm beyond repair, let me be
And give me back my broken parts



You could make my head swerve
Used to know my every curve


And now we meet on a street,
And I am blind.  I can not find the heart I gave to you.

Sometimes what we think we really want we don't
Sometimes what we think we want we really don't

Sometimes what we think we love we don't
I want to change the world

Instead I sleep
I want to believe in more than you and me

But all that I know is I'm breathing
All I can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing now



I am in love with a boy
Manufactured to destroy


So I shall unravel my love
Like an old red woolen glove

I still feel you on the right side of the bed
And I still feel you in the blankets pulled over my head
But I'm gonna wash away, oh I'm gonna wash away everything til you come home to me

Maybe in the future, you're gonna come back, you're gonna come back
In the future, you're gonna come back, you're gonna come back



Oh what a way that we died
Plenty of tears were supplied


My eyes are wrung out and dry as a bone
And I taste much better alone

We can't hold us anymore, no we've got to fold
Down to the floor, yes I know it's cold but baby our hearts have gone



But how do I know if I'll make it through?
How do I know? Where's the proof in you?



Baby, you've got the sort of laugh that waters me
And makes me grow tall and strong and proud and flattens me


I find you stunning, but you are running me down
My love's too big for you my love
My love's too big for you my love

And if I was stronger then I would tell you no
And if I was stronger then I will leave this show
And if I was stronger then I would up and go
But here I am and here we go again

Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales
That your sort of mouth just will not say, 
the truth impales
That you don't need me, but you won't leave me

1 comment:

Ali said...

Ingrid is the best. Sometimes when I listen to her songs I feel like she is singing about my life. Music is good therapy. Love you!