Saturday, November 19, 2011

a little therapy

sometimes, when i don't want to deal with life, i run away {to home} and bake with my momma.


it was fancy-pants baking in the kitchen after midnight. since we love ganache, probably more than is humanly possible, we both filled the cupcakes and topped them with ganache. after doing so we put some pretty cream cheese frosting and a fresh raspberry on top! man alive were they delish.

my momma made me magic toast for breakfast which turned out to be magical indeed. i give credit to the toast for our serendipitous stop at old navy {which followed our adventures at the wood connection, pei wei, and home depot-- it was a busy afternoon}.  we happened upon a spectacular sale that only lasted 5 hours-- 75% off all outerwear. i was busy loading my arms with striped shirts for $8, so busy in fact that i failed to read the giant neon signs around me. but a cute associate told me what the big hub-bub was all about and suggested i try on a jacket or two...which i certainly did. and wouldn't ya know it, they were darling, and the lining in my old black pea coat has all but been ripped to shreds {cause i'm so strong...?} and so it was quite the opportune time to find a beautiful new coat. since the sale was mind-blowingly awesome my momma {and santa} bought me two. to sum it all up, i got a $60 double-breasted wool coat for $14, and a $90 pretty pretty blue-and-black plaid coat for $22. jackpot!

it's amazing what a little retail therapy will do. as well as cupcakes, pei wei chinese food, a happy fortune, sugar cookies, and time with my parents and bestie. 
my heart feels so much lighter. 



i love music-- it is my other therapy {ya know, besides buying 2 coats at old navy}. speaking of music, in case you have not been informed, ingrid michaelson {my favorite musician in the entire universe} has a new cd coming out january 24th! not to worry, i already pre-ordered it and got her new song "ghost"... oh, it is so beautiful. watch the music video. you'll fall in love.

No comments: