Thursday, April 15, 2010

the cookies are mocking me

Finals.  Finally.  Multiple grandiose examinations to determine my competence as a college junior are upon me.  They start tomorrow with the dawning of a bright spring sunshine (thank you Mother Nature-- the weather truly has been marvelous lately), The beginning of the end is on the near horizon, why, it's practically here!

I have been highly productive.  Potentially more productive the past 2 reading days than most weeks during the semester.  Go me.  Finding that motivation and curling up in the library to snuggle into some lengthy study guides... I worried I would never see the day.  But that was today.

After hours on campus my stomach rumbled, alerting me to the fact that I hadn't eaten much besides my morning toast, eggs, and a granola bar to hold me over, and it was now well past 6:00. Ali, Kelsey, and I rewarded ourselves with Thai food.  We devoured it like nobody's business.  Then we were granted fortune cookies.  Perfect! I need a good fortune for finals.

Perhaps my cookie will tell me...
       Your personal finances will be greatly improved
            Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded
                Your secret admirer will soon appear
                   A vacation by the sea is in store for you 
                      You will marry Denzel Washington

...something wonderful along those lines...

Get a load of this.  Not only was I flabbergasted but forced to conclude that my dear fortune cookie was taking delight in mocking my current situation.

"Cut through organizational impediments and get some real work done"

Curt.  Quite harsh, really, for a college student facing impending doom spread out over a week.  For your information, Mr. Fortune Cookie, I have been getting some real work done-- all day long!  And I'm going to do some more tomorrow.  Wish me luck... or feel free to mock again.  Darn fortune cookie.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Haha! Love. That was so so funny. I need that fortune to tell me to get my butt in gear today. I had fun playing in the libe and having a Thai break. Love you!!