Monday, April 26, 2010

gestation of 1.6 babies

gestation: the time between conception and birth.

i'm not pregnant.
in case anyone is worried reading this, i am NOT pregnant. i am not with child, i am not expecting, i am not "glowing", i am not fertilized.

but i have my own gestation of sorts. the time between saying goodbye and saying hello. only my gestation period is approximately 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days, 17520 hours... however you want to look at it. i like the weeks, because it's easier to think i only have so many more mondays before i can say hello.

i was suppose to write this last thursday.  but we'll just pretend it's thursday as i'm writing this.

it's been a baby.  today {thursday-- we're pretending, remember?} it has been a baby.  the 9 month marker.  although it's only been 38 weeks, exactly 9 months ago marked the start of gestation.

9 months = 1 baby
24 months = 2.6 babies
... 24-9= 15...
thus we see by this proof that
15 months = 1.6 babies

1.6 babies. 

1.6 babies until potentially the happiest day of my life, yet.  
1.6 babies until the day and reunion my mind frequently reverts back to daydreaming. 
1.6 babies until i get to say hello not in an email, not on the phone, but a real hello. face to face.  smiles and all.

before i know it {i'm crossing my fingers with optimism} i'll have arrived at my "delivery date", the water will break {tears, of course}, and i will have in my arms what i have waited 2.6 babies for.  

i have 1.6 babies left.  that's only 5 trimesters to go.

4 comments:

Chelsea Brynn said...

oh i loved this one. i think i remember telling ali once when she was waiting for a very special friend of hers :) around the nine month mark that she could have a baby before he gets home! HAHA

Ali said...

Haha! Oh the missionaries! I'm happy to say that I'm not nearly as cynical as I could be. :) Congrats on the 9 month! That's a big one! Also, I like the new additions to the blog. Especially the fact that I'm here, so I'm awesome! YESSS! haha

Leigh Hadlock said...

I loved this blog.. and i love the your layout.. and i can not wait for you to reunite with him.. :) such a happy day..

Simone said...

I love you piggy! You are so amazing and I love all your posts! Miss you bunches and bunches!