Tuesday, April 20, 2010

marvelous discovery


There is something truly marvelous about being in a house, in complete solitude, that i have magestically discovered since staying at my sisters' vacant home in Orem.

  •  freedom to walk around in my underwear, because I can (and believe me, I do, all the time)  
  • a great big beautiful comfortable bed, waiting just for me
  • unbridled access to the Disney Channel
  • leaving the bathroom door open  w i d e
  • eating whatever pertains to my fancy whenever my stomach grumbles
  • singing in the shower, unrestrained because no one can hear me
  • not brushing my teeth for a while after i wake up
  • turning up the music, as loud as i want
  • sitting in silence and contemplating things with no one to bother, no one to disturb, and nothing to invade my serenity.
  • going to bed according to my whim and awakening to my own desire; not sunshine slinking through the dusty blinds, or obnoxious sniffling, or spritzing soiled laundry with Shout, or the clicking of the computer mouse, or the dull buzz of a blow-dryer, or a motorcyclist roaring past, or…
  • doing the dishes when i have time
  • not worrying about my food being eaten or thrown away
  • coming and going as i please


my favorite, really, is the underwear part.  i highly highly recommend it.
it is wondrously liberating.

No comments: