Wednesday, February 16, 2011

book nerd

i am so in love. 
there is no use in hiding it.
giddy and galloping away in my fantasies. 

"i sometimes think i prefer suitors in books rather than right in front of me"

if that is not a true statement, i don't know what is. i just finished the gurnsey literary and potato peel society {in 2 days, nonetheless} and am irrevocably melted by dawsey. 
what i love about books is i hold the ending in my hand. although it may take me several hours to answer the questions spurning me on, i know i have the answer embedded in pages of ink. i will discover if elizabeth and mr. darcy will end their stubbornness to admit love, or if ella will break the curse and marry char, or if smitty will utter a syllable, or what the terrible-awful was minny concocted. 

i would be charmed to be courted by a suitor from a number of books-- dawsey's coy and soothing shyness, char's freckles and buoyant nature, peeta's selflessness, smitty's quiet seduction, mr. darcy's utter perfection and generosity, tea cake's youthful spontaneity... i have come to love all of these men. 

any recommendations for a new read??
 i am a hopeless romantic, so despite my singledom {or perhaps thanks to my singledom?} i can vicariously fall in love with fictional men. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you loved it as much as I did. I read that book during train rides in Europe--it was the most perfect setting. (as in the book it says its perfect for long train rides). The Help changed my and Gurnsey won my heart over. Want to go visit there with me one day?

Heather said...

that last comment is supposed to say "changed my LIFE"