Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a drought, some rain, and getting muddled

muddled and befuddled and all mixed up.
alone she is strong. alone she knows herself. 
but next to him the barriers come down and she falters in reasoning.

i had a rather long kissing drought. my longest kissing drought, in fact, since i began kissing.
well, a little rain came my way. now that my thirst has been {somewhat} quenched, i look back longingly on the dry months.  i use to think that rain would make the drought better, when in actuality, that little sprinkling of rain has had a cascading effect, muddling my senses and barriers. 

this post is utter madness and confusion. i apologize. 

my point being: i have learned that when you do reach what you thought you wanted all along, you don't arrive at happiness. the daydream of grandeur fades into reality and you think, "really? i was waiting for this?". 
 thus, there's no putting off happiness for a daydream-- it might as well be embraced in the moment.

and with that conclusion, i muse to myself, "i may just be starting to figure out life". 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh becky i just love you! i thought you'd be coming to some self conclusions soon, they usually only come to yourself :) but this post made me think of my favorite quote of all time " the cheif cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment" this literally i have had to try and guide my life. granted there has been times i've messed up but for the most part it seems to be working. can we play soon ? :)