Friday, February 4, 2011

the happy life

i spent my friday night making spaghetti, racing through a book {the help}, painting my toesies and nails {teal and shimmer coral}, and falling in love. {with sean and gus, of course-- psych}.
it was glorious. 
the simplicity. 
the quiet.
the imagination that unfurled itself in pages of words and the familiar twinge of alcohol {nail polish remover, folks} was a salve to my week.

my mom noted on the phone how much happier i sound.
"you do not find the happy life. you make it"
wise words by camilla eyring kimball.

i'm finding myself surprisingly okay relinquishing the night vision goggles and metal-detector to begin creating a wonderful mess of happiness. 

p.s. i made this at work this week. fitting for february, no?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't tell you how much i love the book the help. After I borrowed Kelsey's copy to read it, I had to go buy my own copy. Have you read the Literary Potato Peel Pie Society? You must if you haven't yet. I'm so glad to hear your life is happy! You deserve just pure happiness.