Thursday, February 10, 2011

spoons & hickies

yesterday i curled my hair with an actual curling iron. which really, does not happen often. my zebra straightener has become my everything-- from sleek straight to wavy to curlo-mongo. well i decided to step out of my comfort zone and pull out the ol' curling iron. while fashioning my hair into curly beauty (because it was pretty fizz-fantastic) i bent down to retrieve my hair spray (which i also never use!) and i felt a tingling sensation on my neck.
the infamous curling iron burn.
yikes.

my immediate thought: oh my gosh. this probably looks like a hickie. 

because the burn was in prime hickie-position. i haven't had a hickie in a loooong time, and i didn't want people to start getting ideas about me or anything.
which... i just admitted that i have had a hickie or two in my time... drat. don't judge? 

anyways. 
i told my mom about the burn and my terror it looked like a hickie, and she just laughed.

this is why moms are great. specifically my mom.

isn't hickie such a weird word?
 seriously, where did it originate? 

this is all to say, be careful when retrieving hairspray with a curling iron in close proximity to your neck.
and have a spoon in the freezer, just in case it looks like a hickie. or you do actually get a hickie. 
because that can happen.

*also, i finally finished reading the help. loved. 
*senioritis is making me only want to read fun books rather than my boring old textbooks.
ai carumba! 

1 comment:

whitney harris said...

haha oh becky... i wish i could've been there when that happened! and oh my gosh i absolutely loved the help! one of my fav books. and this semester i have pretty much given in to reading anything i want to. I have already read To Kill a Mockingbird which i have been wanting to reread for a long time. anyways i miss you. we need to play soon.