Monday, March 21, 2011

wed-nes-day

today, i misspelled a word i have had in my repertoire of vocabulary for a good 15 years. i remember when i first encountered the task of spelling this word, my little voice sounded out how to spell it-- not at all how it was pronounced. i am now in college, and have long since needed to perform such tactics to remind my left hand which letters to create.

but today... it was the darnest thing. today i misspelled wednesday. how do you do that? you leave out both the n and the e. "wedsday".  yep, i'm a college graduate next month. 
i was making a lovely sign at work, and did not even notice until tracing the outline. 
it seemed suspiciously short. 

so i can't spell. no big deal. 
at least i know that "vacillating" is a real-world. i had my sanity called out on that one, but i prevail with proof from webster. 

for this moment i am going to keep laughing at myself and prepare a fresh bowl of vanilla ice cream and nectarines, while the wind blows cold and my homework sits idly. 

No comments: