Tuesday, March 1, 2011

just a spoonful of sugar

remember kathleen kelly stuffing mountains of tissues into her trench coat as joe fox knocks on her door with flowers?

that. that is how i feel.
not that tom hanks is outside with a bouquet of daisies (or newly sharpened pencils, for that matter) but i feel a complete mess of used tissues and raspy voice, mingled with some incoherent thinking and functioning.

today i ran a stop sign. just ran it. i knew it was there, but i could not cognitively conceive i needed to stop. 

being sick is most unfortunate. especially this week, as i do not have the time or patience to be sick. i need my brain to function, my nose to stop running, my throat to calm down, and the fog to lift my body so i can study, and work, and both appear and sound semi-human.

in the meantime, while the mountain of tissues scattered across my room remains in existence,
i'm resting
(propped against 5 pillows, no less). 

1 comment:

ahlin said...

feel better girl!