Tuesday, March 30, 2010

school's for fools, look at me!

I have lost my motivation for school.  More specifically, to go to statistics.  According to my reasoning it makes no sense to go to stats because a. I'm already behind, b. I haven't read the material, c. I will simply  waste two hours of my life, and d. I will just feel more lost, hopeless, and sad.  So I skipped it today.  Again.

Last Thursday I skipped all my classes.  I needed a mental health day-- that's a good alibi, right? After not making it to my morning class because my back hurt and I wasn't feeling too hot, I treked up to campus fully intending on going to stats.  Chelsea and I met up for lunch in the fishbowl, as usual.  Sitting there gazing at the other studious people I realized I did not want to go to statistics, or do anything really, for that matter, because I had zero energy.  As luck would have it, neither did Chelsea! (we're besties for a reason)  So we left.  We just packed up our things and away we were to P.F. Changs.  Eating Mongolian Beef, Lo Mein, and Lemon Chicken lounging on her couch while watching/ridiculing New Moon was SO phenomenally better than attempting to master alpha and beta!  She then took me to the wondrous place called The Chocolate {cafe?} with the most adorable and delicious little cupcakes.  Not to worry, the entire day wasn't wasted in superfluous activities-- I will have you know we went back to campus at 4 so she could attend class and I could conduct a review session {the joys of being a TA}.  It sure was grand "sluffing".  

Today I couldn't find it in me to go to stats for the above mentioned reasons ranging from A to D.  Following my morning class I cunningly persuaded Chelsea to skip her class too (I can be quite persuasive when occasion calls).  I bought us Taco Bell -- we really like our ethnic foods-- and dessert from Sugar & Spice.  Mmmmmm.  The BYU Bookstore was having a sale... so we had to look.  After making fun of enough dresses and ruffle shirts and ridiculously expensive ($40!) flip-flops we meandered over to the crafty-area and then into the book section.  Amidst the calenders and millions of copies of Twlight Chelsea discovered a true gem-- a Baby Name book! Recognizing the true value potentially contained within we simultaneously slid down a sturdy column to settle in for a good read-- oh and was it good!
In this book they had hundreds- literally- of baby names for little boys and little girls.  After discovering nearly every boy name means, {in a proper voice} "a red haired man", we flipped to the many lists: Most Popular names in France, Denmark, Spain, Texas, Oregon, Wyoming, Maryland, and so on with all countries and states, in addition to Most Popular names according to time periods: 1900's; 20's; 50's; 70's; 80's; 90's'  2000's; 2007. 
We huddled there like giggly little school girls snickering over unfortunate names.  For your entertainment here follows a list of names (last names omitted) which Celebrities have bestowed legally upon their unfortunate helpless children.  And no, I did not mispell:
  • Reignbeau-- yes, it's Rainbow, just spells fancifully
  • Moxie Crimefighter
  • Pilot Inspector
  • Zuma Nesta Rock
  • Daisy Boo
  • Heaven Rain
  • Zolten Pen
  • Fifi Trixibell
  • Kal-el Coppola-- Clark Kent {aka Superman}'s dad
  • Everly Bear
  • Enzo
  • Audio Science
  • Tallulah Pine
  • Keelee Breeze
  • Maximillian
  • Kyd
  • Bluebell Madonna
  • Alchamey
  • Speck Wildhorse
  • Darby Galen
  • Story Elias
  • Alabama Gypsy
  • Seargeoh
  • Zephyr - same parents of Moxie Crimefighter
  • Ever Gabo
I hope those all brightened your day as it did mine!
Here we can learn the valuable lesson that joys such as these can not be found in classrooms or taught by a professor-- these treasures come from skipping class.  Moral of the story: Play Hookie. 

3 comments:

Leigh Hadlock said...

oh becky..

i dont read your blog for one day and i come back to 3 new posts! you just made my day! :)

1st, i too dream of IKEA love..i say dream because my dear husband HATES ikea with a passion.. and i mean hates..

2nd, i too am a shopaholic.. its really bad, but there is something about getting a few new items of clothing or accessories that can brighten my day like nothing else.. its not bad, its boosting our self esteems! ha ha..

and 3rd.. i am going to have to show my husband this list of names, because he thinks ALL the names i like for our future children are ridiculous.. this will prove to him that graham and zoey are really quite normal! ha ha.. :)

cant wait to read another post!

Heather said...

loved this Becky! Mitch and I are suffering from a lack of wanting to do school related things as well! I am dreading going to hold a TA session in ten minutes! Bring on the summer!!! love you!

Chelsea Brynn said...

i love our lives