Wednesday, March 31, 2010

miraculous love-- keep on fighting!

This post is dedicated to a little baby boy I have never met, but is very close to my tender heart.  Tatum Christensen was born 5 days ago with several severe health complications.  His entire extended family is rallying behind this strong baby{the son of Hunter's cousin} to pull through.  I heard through Simone {Hunter's sister} the circumstances of this cute little baby boy and immediately had a place for him in my heart and prayers.
 My brother helped operate on baby Tate.  Of his 4 years in medical school, and of his many rotations at various hospitals, he just so happened to start his surgery rotation {which only lasts 3 weeks!} at Primary Children's hospital Monday morning, and helped assist yesterday in baby Tate's surgery.  Miracles do exist, and I feel so much more love for and connection to this baby. My brother was not aware of any family connection with Hunter's family until our conversation on the phone today.  The surgery went wonderfully to repair his esophagus, with the baby in the excellent and skilled hands of a surgeon who saved his frail little life.  Baby Tate still has a long way to go, but I believe in miracles, and I believe that if it is God's will he will pull through. Keep fighting little man-- you can do it!
There is a blog with updates of baby Tate. It is so tender.  I invite you all to look.
http://www.tatumsangels.blogspot.com/
There is also a link to donate through Pay Pal that is up and coming.  I am sure any little bit can help.

3 comments:

Simone said...

I love you Piggy, you are such a great add-on to our family and I hope that you know that! I am so glad that your brother was there to help Tate in his first surgery! I can't even express how much it means to me that you are here for our family when you don't even know the baby! Wow! We did good finding you...ok...the Fullmers did good finding you and passing you on :-) Love you so much!

Britt said...

Ditto to what Si said! I love you Piggy! You are so sweet! This post made me cry. You have a such a good heart. And I am glad that things didn't work out between you and home teacher boy! Good luck with the rest of school.

Ali said...

This is so touching. What a sweet little boy.