Monday, May 10, 2010

brand new etch-a-sketch

--laughter and creativity--
in my opinion, the two best things to shake out that etch-a-sketch doodled with sadness. 

my etch-a-sketch is completely  blank today.
i am starting fresh.

that's the beauty of life. you can start fresh!

this summer i have re-created myself.  the rains of change have never felt so rejuvenating, so liberating.  i imagined it would be harder to go out completely on my own, without a known soul in my vicinity.
but truth of the matter is, it's wondrous. it's a secret no one tells you.  you have to discover the magic on your own.
you create your first impression according to your dictation. it's your agency that determines who you meet and where you go.
beginning at the starting line. devoid of  any surreptitious strings or expectations or reputations.
it's going to be a good race.


that is what this summer is all about-- starting fresh 
mmmmm.  don't you love that smell? freshness.  newness.
when september rolls around i want to look back at the best summer of my life. and that's exactly what i plan on creating the next 4 months.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Fabulous! You are so awesome. I'm sure you will have the best summer ever!

Heather said...

Agreed! this sounds so exciting, i can't wait for more stories this summer! love you

Nigel said...

I LOVE this :) and yes, in September you will look back at the best summer ever--so will I because I get to hang out with you!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you have the best summer ever and you know what, if I get to see you then it will indeed be the best summer ever for me ;) I love love love your blog, keep the emotions and poems flowing, you.are.amazing. simple as that!