Thursday, May 27, 2010

cupcake heaven

i have discovered cupcake heaven.
these are not ordinary cupcakes. these are in a definition all their own. each is a gourmet divine masterpiece. 

where might cupcake heaven be? the cocoa bean cafe. dozens of cupcakes to try, with certain flavors assigned to days of the week. i haven't tried every flavor. . .  yet.


here's what i have sampled:
  • party in my mouth (nutella is in the center!)
  • coconut lime
  • raspberry chocolate cheesecake
  • madagascar vanilla vanilla
  • snicker doodle
  • lucious lemon blueberry
  • red velvet
  • better than whatever
  • orange dreamsicle

the hook is the frosting. when i take a bite. . . i   m e  l   t.
kid you not, it's almost better than an explosivly magic kiss {which, i admit, i really miss and it's been some time... but i digress}.  perhaps it's the vanilla in the frosting, or perhaps it's the perfect consistency, or perhaps it's the hint of salt to bring out the extraordinary flavors but.... somehow the perfect concoction of frosting tickles the back of my throat, and i really can't help but sigh in pure enjoyment. 

mmmmmmmm.... i may or may not go get one, this instant.

probably later. after i take a nap
{i have been up since 5, and worked over 9 hours as home depot's new SIGN CAPTAIN!}
*more on that later... my rational has fluttered off with my coherent-ness. 
sleep is the only remedy at this point.  but suffice it to say, i'm stoked.

3 comments:

Chelsea Brynn said...

woohoo! workin girl!

Ali said...

SIGN CAPTAIN!! That sounds so fancy. Oh man I'm obsessed with the Cocoa Bean. The ultimate brownie is super intense, grasshopper is delish, marbled chocolate cream cheese was ok, s'mores was yummy, raspberry choc. cheesecake is my fav, and I'm dying to try hostess with the mostess. haha. Yeah, I might have a problem. Miss you!!!

Britt said...

Piggy! I LOVE reading your blog! The way you string your words together is magic! Si and I went to school with the brother and sister who own Cocoa Bean! Not kidding, they are from the Valley! It's a good thing that I live far far away from that store or my butt would be significantly larger than it already is! Okay, overload on the exclamation points! Love you!