Sunday, May 30, 2010

amicable lunch

gum-stealer did a number on me.
i admit.
the prospect of trusting someone else-- not appealing.

after not communicating for over a month {since his cavallier disregard for my feelings}

he broke up with the girl
and a few weeks later
texted me.

saturday:
gum-stealer: 'hey becky! are you up in sandy for the weekend?"
me: "nope. i am down in provo.
gum-stealer: "darn. well i could like to take you to dinner sometime soon so i can talk to you about some stuff. could that work?"

hours later, i respond:
me: "talk to me about what stuff? honestly, i'm not sure"

today:
gum-stealer: "sorry i didn't get back to ya last night... but i wanna talk to you about how i screwed things up between us. i feel terrible that i basically dropped what we had do easily... i really messed up"

ya think?!

after much thought...
       saturday
            we're going to lunch. 

this will be my closure. i want to end things amicably, as friends.
and i want to hear his story. 
and perhaps... just a little bit of groveling.

kidding {about the groveling}.

regardless of his apology speech {which, i'm sure he's planned out} and grand plan to win me back, i will never trust him again. and i am going to tell him that-- in a friendly i-forgive-you-but-don't-think-for-a-millisecond-you'll-get-a-second-chance sort of way.
i sincerely hope that over food {and him taking the check as penance, of course} i can try to remember him in a better light than the shadow he cast upon himself.

No comments: