Monday, May 31, 2010

my underwear will tell me

today i bought something. 
something that is useful.
something i did need.
but mostly...
something to re-live my childhood.


when i was 8 i had days-of-the-week underwear.  they were tweety bird.  i was ob-sessed with tweety bird {although, to this day, i'm still unsure of tweety birds gender.... boy, yes?}

wednesday was most definitely the cutest-- purple plaid with tweety bird super-imposed.
confession: i wore this pair on days other than wednesday... because i loved it so. and also, because sunday was boring {but, since they were my panties no one knew. besides me}.
it was quite a sad day when i discovered, remorsefully, my cheeks had outgrown my beloved underwear.  i have been without underwear to dictate the days of the week {aside from wednesday being worn on other days} for over a decade.

but now.
now, once again, i have days-of-the-week underwear!
if, perchance, it slips my mind mid-day if it's monday or thursday, all i need do is look to my underwear. i already have a pair that are my favorite-- tuesday. they have little vinyl records.
plus, these underwear have some lace for pa-zaz.
grown-up days-of-the-week underwear.
it's going to be a great week.

2 comments:

Chelsea Brynn said...

YAY! LOVE LOVE LOVE. haha live it up girl because one day you'll realize that pizazz doesn't happen quite as often

Nigel said...

hahahaha this is the greatest thing I have ever read!!