Thursday, July 22, 2010

i didn't realize i missed you... til you came back

i'm much too busy for that.
i wasn't even aware of your absence. that is, until amidst my myriad of errands i stood still. {literally}. i just stopped. and there you came, rushing in to make everything alright for the moment.
peace.
i promise to redouble my efforts to keep you around. i rather like you. okay, i really like you. and need you dearly.
we've been together for a while now... going on 13 years? can it have been that long ago that you were given to me? my comforter. that's what you are-- an enormously strong but gentle blanket. you squeeze out my doubts and worries, but are sure to tuck in love and security, and warm me with serenity and hope.
you've been around in little ways lately. but today, today you realized i was shivering and enveloped me. i am toasty and warm, thanks to you. so. thank you, with deepest sincerity.
and thank you, to my marvelous friends. listening to my rants. making me cookie dough. sending me a kind text. following an impression and putting my name in the temple. praying for me. loving me. reassuring me.  it all means the world.
i am stronger for tomorrow because of you, my dear friend.  and because of my sweet comforter i have hope in the sunrise.

*photo via sabino

No comments: