Sunday, September 19, 2010

happiness

day 10: a song from your favorite band

if i could marry any music artist, it would be isaac slade {the fray}. not that he's the cutest, per se. if we're going for attractiveness, usher's abs could seduce me to marriage. but isaac... he is a musical angel. if he was my husband, he would serenade me all the time. because not only does he sing, but he plays the guitar, piano, and drums. 
mmmmmmmm yes.

i love the fray. prior to my ingrid days, they were #1. they're still in the ranking but ingrid, frankly, trumps all.
i have all their albums and just about every live song ever recorded. 
favorites:
how to save a life
look after you
never say never

and

happiness.

one october afternoon, isaac serenaded me in msteamy {my toyota corolla} with  "happiness". his happiness brought sadness as i rounded the road onto 9th east.
the tears started welling when i caught the temple in my left peripheral; the flood gates opened when i realized what was on my right.


i wish i could say i was stronger, that i kept driving. 

but
i started crying so hard {while driving} that cars became blurry.  i swerved into the parking lot across the street, threw my car into park, and sobbed. and sobbed. and sobbed.




happiness feels a lot like sorrow 
let it be, you can't make it come or go 
but you are gone- not for good but for now 
gone for now feels a lot like gone for good 


last night, my friend serenaded me with happiness. both the song and the emotion.
and although life is not perfect and quite hectic and complicated, 
i am happy.
this september seems like an eternity away from that october afternoon. 

happiness is like the old man told me 
look for it, but you'll never find it all 
let it go, live your life and leave it 
then one day, wake up and she'll be home. 

  

No comments: