Wednesday, September 8, 2010

a schedule not compliant with sanity

this is me.
or more aptly, what i feel.
comical? yes. heavens yes. i love this picture.
but, in placing myself in that tube my perspective of the near future is blocked and the present is whipping past in my peripheral.

so, why did i place myself in that tube? because it will be fun. and although my schedule for the next 4 months necessitated creating an excel spreadsheet {something i do not do, ever}, at the end of it i will be closer to goals of graduation and maintaining some independence.

in this adorable color-coded excel spreadsheet that i have created, there are very few open cells {meaning, free from behavioral neurobiology or home depot or organizational psychology or home depot or church or home depot or...} where i must do necessary things like shower, eat, potentially cook and grocery shop so i can eat, do laundry, accomplish an inordinate amount of reading for above mentioned classes...

shaving the legs is a luxury for saturday mornings {my one day of glorious nothingness} and sleep is, w e l l, sadly, slipping from the the list of "necessities" down to the ever-growing compilation of "luxuries". alas.

that's what you get for working 30 hours a week and taking 12 credits of pure psychological upper division madness. and call me CRaZY but i'm attempting to maintain a social life, too.

it will be fun. i must remember that.

blogging helps me keep some sanity intact. with any luck {and a whole lot of prayes and power naps} i should still be recognizable as human when december whisks in. hopefully.

No comments: