Wednesday, September 15, 2010

hear you me

day 6: a song that reminds you of somewhere

this song reminds me, on the whole, of high school.
the most specific vivid memory surfaces of me "sluffing" (skipping class for you non-utahn folk) with a boy.
as i recall, i was sluffing math. it was a review day of the test we had just taken, and honestly, i wasn't ever going to use (and i still have not) that stuff again so why bother when a cute boy invited me to run away with him?... just for 3rd period. granted.

there we sat, on rich green grass in the may sunshine, reclined on the gradual slope of storm mountain park. his guitar graced his arms as he strummed and sang to me my favorite song. because he knew it was my favorite. and chemistry abounded in the air between us. his voice was like butter on a hot roll, melting me inside out.
it was then i decided that the act of serenading is the most seductive.

a week or so later we held hands. and then he got back together with his ex-girlfriend.
amidst the heartache of a sixteen year old girl, i was serenaded by a deep voice and warm eyes that wisp through my conscious whenever i pass by that old park {incidently, the location of my first (rape) kiss a few months later with a different boy} or hear jimmy eat world's best song.

*forgive the video. by that i mean, enjoy the song and chad michael murray but disregard hillary duff. this movie was also very high school.


No comments: