Friday, December 17, 2010

dream catcher

last night he kissed my forehead.

the soft and quick gesture calmed my wondering, as i caught sight of his face my mind had been chasing all evening. 

he made his entrance in the final stirring of my morning sleep.  i puzzled at the slatted sunshine covering my bed, wishing i was down the street of my dream in that chair with him, wrapped up in his smile and arms.

...................................................................................

i know i felt like this before

but now i’m feeling it even more
because it came from you

then i open up and see
the person fumbling here is me

i want more, impossible to ignore
impossible to ignore
they’ll come true, impossible not to do
impossible not to do

though my dreams, it’s never quite as it seems
’cause you’re a dream to me
dream to me 


-dream, by the cranberries-

No comments: