Tuesday, January 10, 2012

i want...

i am 22 years old. i am a college grad.

i should have some idea what i want to do with my life, right?



...a w k w a r d  s i l e n c e....
{pull at shirt collar and clear throat}



where i will be in 6 months is as big a mystery to me as how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. i'm certain some people know such things but i am at a loss. 

i do have an inkling of what i want to do with my life... but i don't know how to pick up the pieces of the life i use to want and coincide it with who i am today. the career options scare the crap out of me. i'm not even sure i'm cut out for this grown-up stuff yet.

{my dream life} in a nutshell...
i want to help people, make a difference. 
i want to write a book-- i don't know about what or how or when, but i want to write.
i want to become a sous chef and amaze a million tastebuds.
i want to "find someone who [i] i can love like crazy and who will love [me] the same way back". 
i want to have babies!
i want to finger paint and draw with chalk, bake cookies and dance in the kitchen with my future family. 

i know the essence of who i want to be as a friend, wife, mother, daughter, and sister-- kind and genuine, smart and witty and fantastically wonderful.
yes, that sums things up nicely.

now the trick is to make it all happen. 
right now, i'm taking things one day at a time. 
next year you might find me in new york, seattle, colorado, germany, or arizona. 
pretty much anywhere but provo. i need a fresh start and i am rather fond of adventures!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats on graduating!
I'm finishing my last semester at BYU & I'm so excited to embrace the world! I love not having a plan because I'm just filled with bursts of happiness thinking about all that I could do!

Chelsea Brynn said...

this is me. making my daily pilgrimage to your blog. one of many. because i looove it.