Friday, February 3, 2012

love ever after



i find these photos incredibly endearing and romantic. perhaps this is my sign-- that love exists and can last.
to see more pictures and find out the story, go here.


"this is the aim of my existence. 
we want [our grandchildren] to be happy the way we were."

"little by little we age 
but we don't change in our hearts. 
love gets stronger. 
that is the way I feel. 
i believe he feels the same way. 
yes, he was my first love. 
my first love and my last".

 "we were young and he was older but i liked him. 
he spoke to me in a very nice way."

"he looked at me the way a man
 who has just come out of the army
 would look at a sexy woman."

these tender quotes remind me so much of my grandparents. so old-fashioned and classy. even their names offer eloquence-- Odes and Afton, Ruby and Edward. i miss their influence in my life. 

i have a special place in my heart for my great-grandma, Dorcus Eve May Longshaw Record. although I never met my great-grandpa, their love was legendary. her spunk filled every inch of her dainty 4"11" frame and his dapper nature equaled his height of 6'4". they had a kissing stool upon which to smooch, and rumor has it that he would rope her into his lap with the crook of his cane to snuggle. even in their 80's. they were crazy about each other, to his last day on earth and far beyond. i firmly believe that their love story is continuing in heaven. 


my ancestors are a great reminder that love exists. love can last for a lifetime and more.
life isn't perfect but love can be.

No comments: