Wednesday, June 23, 2010

i wear my stunner glasses at night so i can hide my disease

ever wake up with a creeping suspicion something isn't quite right on your face?
i did this morning.

after battling many an eye crusty i felt... swollen.
oh no.
a peek in the mirror confirmed.
pink eye.
i will have the doctor diagnose, and give me even more drugs.

my right eye is literally double the size. i have a little sliver to see through. the cute little wrinkles at the corner of my left eyelid are... well, it looks like i got collagen injections in my right eyelid to get rid of those wrinkles. 
it is rather humorous to look at me. but when i first woke up this morning, after my rusty night with tylenol pm, all i could do was cry as i saw a reflection not quite to my liking in the mirror.
i called my mom. and cried some more. then i called work, and tried really hard not to cry.

is it silly that i'm upset i can't go into work? i rather like my job. and the people i work with are growing on me. there are moments when i think i hear the voice of american fork people, like tom or woody in hardware, and i get excited that they're at MY home depot now but... i am getting use to the people i work with, who are all really great.

so.
docket for the day:
- shower.
- put some effort into my hair
- don't put on make-up {at least not any eye make-up}
- don my stunner glasses {aka sunglasses}
- go to the instacare
- not cry again
- head home. have momma take care of me and make me feel pretty because i don't have a boyfriend to do that.
- eat magic toast
- sleep
- watch old movies
- read
- rest
-and,  if i'm feeling a smidgen better, attempt to go to the backstreet boys concert. because i paid for that 3 months ago. and i have tickets for the 5th row with my girlfriends! i'll just refrain from screaming my love to bryan like a crazed 6th grader-- the voice is no bueno and i'm far far too mature for that.
maybe.
but i am totally singing along, even if its just lip-syncing.

No comments: