Tuesday, June 22, 2010

just a spoonful of sugar

  • chicken noodle soup
  • 3 hour naps
  • going to bed before midnight; in my case last night, before 10
  • cookie dough
  • lemon and honey
  • ibuproven {what in the world would i do without this drug?}
 tonight i'm experimenting with tylenol pm. hopefully it doesn't zonk me too badly.
and tomorrow, i'm going home to have my momma take care of me
she'll make me magic toast,  slathered with love {and butter}. mmmm


these are the days {being sick} when i wish i was 6 years old again.
or
had a boyfriend to bring me water and tell me i'm pretty when i haven't showered in 2 days. who would cuddle me-- spooning, preferably, with naps intermittent.

i have a nice friend who brought me soup and tea and drugs. but... he is not my boyfriend. although, he looks at me like he is.  it's a problem.
his niceness is starting to wear on me, but i cannot commit myself to something that is non-existent for me no matter the tangibleness in the air for him. 

1 comment:

Nigel said...

I may not be a boy.. but I am your friend and if we are both sick we might as well be sick together :)